How we support carers at Cobbs Garden Surgery
Here at Cobbs Garden Surgery, we are keen to ensure that all carers are aware of the help that is available through local support services and specialist organisations. We are working with a local charity, MK Carers, to support unpaid carers.
An unpaid carer can be someone who simply does someone’s shopping on a weekly basis, to someone who cares full time for a friend or family member. If the person you are caring for, could not manage without your help, then you are a carer and we would like to support you.
You can ask the person you are caring for to give consent for you to access their Medical Records and information relating to their care. To do this you will need to download this form (or ask for a copy at Reception) and ask them to complete and sign this form. Download the Medical Records Access Form
Advantages of being a registered carer
- Your records will show that you are a carer, this in turn will help your gp when planning your medical care and support
- You will be invited for an annual free flu vaccination
- We can link you to Carers MK and all that they offer, including information on benefits, a local discount card and support groups for young and adult carers.
- Register as a carer by completing our Carers Identification and Referral Form, available online or collect from reception.
- Look at Carers MK website http://www.carersmiltonkeynes.org
- Young carers (8 – 18 year olds) – http://www.youngcarersmk.org/
- You can also email Carers MK on email@example.com
Carers Support Group
All Carers are welcome to attend our group based at The Olney Centre, The High Street, Olney.
The group meets on the first thursday of each month, 2pm until 4pm. There are special guest who come along to give attendees the benefit of their expertise. Please come along and see for yourself, enjoy a hand massage, tea & biscuits and good company.
If you are a carer and would like some support and advice, please feel free to contact Carers Milton Keynes by phone 01908 231703 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Members of our Patient Participation Group are always on hand at the meetings.